Sunday, 26 January 2014

A Deadly Culture: Toxic Pesticide Use on Native American Objects, by N. Frankel

Historically, organic objects in museum collections have been treated with a variety of highly toxic pesticides. This includes most Native American objects, which may be handled and used ceremonially while on loan or after repatriation. Not only does this raise serious health and environmental concerns, but it also may affect the spiritual value of the object.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog list