At least 5 papers at the upcoming IIC Conference in Los Angeles (12 - 16 September 2016) relate to indigenous collections and/or ethnography. The presentations take place in the morning of Friday 16 September - during the session 'Exploring Commonality: contemporary art and ethnographic collections'. Here are the titles and authors. Drop by if you are around LA. Note that you can pay for one day only!
- Stigter, Sanneke; Autoethnography as a new approach in conservation
- Lane, Robert Lazarus; Wdowin-McGregor, Jessye; This is so Contemporary? Mediums of exchange and conservation
- Henderson, Melinda Jane Tomerlin; Nakamoto, Tanya; Dialogue in conservation decision-making
- McHugh, Kelly; Gunnison, Anne; Finding common ground and inherent differences: Artist and community engagement in cultural material and contemporary art conservation
- Peters, Renata F.; The parallel paths of conservation of contemporary art and indigenous collections
- Hornbeck, Stephanie E.; Moffett, Dana L.; Altered surfaces, taking the long view: Applications of ethnographic conservation practices to the conservation of contemporary art