GV Art Conservation is looking to hire an Object Conservator to join their small team of Conservators on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate would be interested in working primarily with Modern, Post-War and Contemporary artworks alongside our painting and paper conservators in our spacious Long Island City (Queens) studio.
- Master Degree in Object Conservation
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Scientific, practical background and training
- Knowledge of current research on materials and treatments
- Strong report writing and documentation skills
- Chemical knowledge of traditional and contemporary materials
- Previous work with Modern, Post-War, and Contemporary Art is strongly preferred
- Experience working in private practice is a plus
GV ArtConservation is run by Gloria Velandia Ludmer, the Chief Conservator of Art Basel Miami Beach, The Armory Show, and Frieze NY. Our Private Practice is based in Long Island City, NY and focuses primarily on Modern, Post-War, and Contemporary artworks. For more details on the practice, please see their webpage
If interested, please reply with your resume attached.