Wednesday 13 April 2011

I will survive AUSCHWITZ

A German friend send me the link to this video yesterday. I'm not sure if you've seen it before, but it caused quite a row in Germany and angered the Jewish community! The video in question is made by Jane Korman, an artist from Melbourne, who made a video of her father and either 3 of his grandchildren and his son, or 4 of his grandchildren dancing on the number "I will survive". The location? Kamp Auschwitz where the grandfather had been imprisoned during WW II. The grandfather said it was a "a celebration of his survival and ability to share history with his grandchildren".



In the video below you learn a bit more about the problems that some people have with this video. I found it quite frustrating that someone now working at Auschwitz said it could "diminish the significance of Auschwitz".

No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog list